Bio-Tape™ provides a standardized sampling method for the determination of mold, microbial, bioaerosol, and inorganic dust contamination. It provides the ability to quickly take a sample and measure the relative degree of contamination. It is especially useful when sampling valuable or non-transportable materials and is very effective on smooth areas of concern.
Bio-Tape consists of a flexible plastic microscope slide with a pre-defined adhesive area. A center-line marker on the slide aids the user in locating the center when taking the sample and also aids the laboratory analyst in finding the center of the sample. Each slide is provided with a unique serial number for traceability and packed in a slide mailer to prevent cross contamination.
NEW - Bio-Tape is now compatible with both optical microscopy and scanning electron microscopy (SEM). This provides the ability to perform optical and SEM analysis along with an x-ray analysis on the exact same air surface sample and exact same particles. See our Application Note for full details.
* Bio-Tape products have a limited shelf life.
- Provides sample consistency and uniformity
- Easier to handle than tape
- Individually Serialized for Traceability
- Prevents Cross Contamination
- Eliminates problems of placing tape in a zip bag, or broken slides during transport
- Requires less laboratory prep time.
- Ideal for mold sampling and testing
- Compatible with both optical microscope and scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Remove slide from provided slide mailer.
- Document the sample location on the slide label and complete any required documentation for the laboratory.
- Peel off protective liner from slide to expose adhesive.
- Place slide with the adhesive side down on the surface to be sampled. (Use the centering line to orient the adhesive over the exact sample location desired).
- Gently press down to ensure contact is made. Do not press down hard. The adhesive is very tacky and only needs to be pressed gently.
- Carefully remove slide from surface and place back into slide mailer. Do Not replace the plastic “Peel” liner.
- Send slide to laboratory for analysis.
Note: Multiple samples should be collected from both suspect and non-suspect (control) areas for comparison.
Additional Information Available
Bio-Tape Sampling Instructions & Application Notes - SEM Microscopy