Sensidyne gas detector tubes safely allow users to perform field screening for the presence of hazardous and toxic gases, and chemical vapors at a very low cost-per-sample. Detector tubes are a perfect choice when sampling for a known target gas. When target gases are not known, a complete Hazmat kit can be used to test for a wide range of toxic gases.
Sensidyne gas detector tubes are made from high-quality borosilicate glass tubes with a uniform inside diameter. Inside, each tube is packed with a gas detecting reagent. When both ends of a detector tube are broken, it gets inserted into the Sensidyne Model AP20-S Pump. An air sample is the pulled through the tube by means of pulling back on the pump handle. If the target gas is present, the detecting reagent changes color. The length of the discolored layer is proportional to the concentration of the gas or vapor in the sample because of the fixed volume of sample, which is always 100 ml. Graduations printed on the tube showing the gas concentration make it fast and easy to take a reading with Kitagawa detector tubes.
- Always ready for use - No chemical analyzers, reagents, etc., to prepare in advance
- Small and Lightweight with only a small sample volume required.
- Simple operation – Just about anyone can take measurements.
- Fast results – Measurement results are available in just minutes
- Portability – No electrical power required
Sensidyne Detector Tube Handbook
- This product is available for shipment only within the United States.
- Expiration dates on Sensidyne Detector Tubes can vary from 3 months to 1 year at the time of shipping. Zefon International/Cole-Parmer does not have any control over these dates.