The Zefon Disposable Respirable Inhalable Sampler (DRS) is a modified variation of the Zefon Disposable Inhalable Sampler (DIS). The DRS adds a certified foam insert that has a collection efficiency that closely matches the ISO 7708/CEN convention for respirable dust. This eliminates the need for the use of a cyclone to collect the respirable dust. The DRS meets the criteria of a sampler for the OSHA permissible exposure limit (PEL) of Respirable Crystalline Silica.
How our DRS works:
Using our disposable respirable inhalable sampler first requires calibration to ensure sampling accuracy. The steps in the calibration process include:
- Inserting the DRS into the calibration adapter and tightening the thumbscrew
- Connecting the sampler's outlet port tubing to the pump's inlet fitting
- Attaching the tubing to the adapter's brass hose barb as well as the opposite end of the calibrator
- Starting the pump and adjusting the flow rate to attain a calibrator reading of 2/L min
After calibration, you're ready to start sampling. The process entails:
- Collects on the ISO 7708/CEN convention for respirable dust.
- Meets the requirements for Respirable Crystalline Silica sampling according to OSHA 1926.1153 (final rule).
- Available with filters that are pre-weighed.
- Disposable and ready to use. Nothing to assemble or clean.
- Small and lightweight design makes it more comfortable for users to wear vs a cassette with cyclone.
- Does not require a cyclone.
DRS Features & Benefits:
The Disposable Respirable Inhalable Sampler from Zefon International includes a host of features and benefits that simplify the sampling process, increase accuracy and reduce costs:
- Verifying that the pump calibration matches the method flow rate
- Using the clip to attach the DRS sampler to the employee's lapel to ensure proximity to the breathing zone
- Removing the red outlet plug
- Connecting the tubing from the inlet of the worker's sampling pump to the DRS sampler's outlet
- Removing the cap from the sampler inlet
- Sampling for the length of time specified by the desired application
- After sampling, using the cap to cover the sampler outlet and inserting the red plug into the outlet
- Placing the sampler into an appropriate bag and shipping it to the lab for analysis
Additional Information Available
Instructions for Use of Zefon Respirable Inhalable Sampler (DRS)