Gastec detector tubes are thin glass tubes with calibration scales printed on them which allows you to directly read concentrations of the substances (gases and vapors) to be measured. Each tube is hermetically sealed and contains detecting reagents that are especially sensitive to the target substance and quickly produces a distinct layer color change. To assure high precision indication, Gastec detector tube's inner diameters are tightly controlled and detecting reagents with long term stability (many have 3 year shelf life) are strictly selected. Tubes meet the following regulatory standards: JIS - Japanese Industrial Standard; BS 5354 (UK); DIN 33882 (Germany).
Features of Tubes
- High quality glass tube tips break easily and do not shatter for your safety.
- Reagent in the tube is highly sensitive to the target substance, so it quickly produces a distinct color change when the chemical is present. Gastec’s stringent requirements regulate the length of color change layer, the clearness of demarcation, and the tone and brightness of color change.
- Calibration scale is printed in an ink that permits high legibility against the color change layer. The scale is determined in each production lot for greater accuracy.
- Pre-calibrated, direct-read detector tubes have distinct lines of demarcation to allow easier viewing; they require no interpretation, dual scales, or color charts.
- Chemical formula for the primary application is provided on each tube for quick identification.
- Standard number of pump strokes required to collect the standard volume of air for a standard range is available on the tube for ease of use.
- Detector tube part number is on each tube, letting you know not just the substance to be detected with that tube, but the level of concentrations. For example, H, M, and L represent high, middle, and low concentrations.
- Gastec’s Quality Control (QC) number is printed on every Gastec detector tube. Detector tubes from the same production lot have the same QC number. Sample tubes with that QC number will be kept and monitored periodically to verify quality.
Gastec Detetion System Brochure
- This product is available for shipment only within the United States.
- Expiration dates on Sensidyne Detector Tubes can vary from 3 months to 1 year at the time of shipping. Zefon International/Cole-Parmer does not have any control over these dates.