Gastec Dosimeter Tubes
Gastec dosimeter tubes will give you a fast, easy way to conduct Time-Weighted Averaging (TWA) monitoring of airborne contaminants. Gastec tubes feature an innovative two-layer design that ensures a length-of-stain result that's in proportion to the level of gas contamination existing in the testing area. They also provide a distinct line of demarcation that's read against an easy-to-interpret pre-calibrated measurement scale. Zefon International is your headquarters for a variety of Gastec dosimeter tubes for sale at competitive prices.
Benefits of Using a Gastec Dosimeter Tube for Time-Weighted Average Monitoring
Gastec tubes provide a variety of benefits for TWA applications, including:
- Versatility and economy: Gastec tubes eliminate the need to make multiple jobsite visits to update the sampling media. You'll be able to make repeated TWA measurements with the same tube, which lowers costs and reduces the risk of errors.
- Increased measuring flexibility: Gastec tubes allow you to handle three times the amount of TWA monitoring applications than competing units and feature numerous measuring ranges.
- Accuracy and reliability: All Gastec tubes include clear labeling to facilitate selection and traceability, which helps to prevent issues with quality and precision. You'll also avoid errors associated with incorrect color matching.
- Longer sampling periods: The technologically advanced Gastec passive diffusion process provides the flexibility for sampling periods ranging from 30 minutes to 48 hours. You'll be able to use your Gastec dosimeter tubes for short exposures to capture peak events as well as more extended exposures that entail taking low-concentration air quality measurements.
- Comfortable and easy wearing: Gastec tubes are about the size of a pen. They snap securely into the lightweight tube holder that clips to the user's lapel or clothing. Workers can take accurate breathing zone measurements without needing sampling pumps.
- Safety: All Gastec dosimeter tubes exceed OSHA and NIOSH guidelines for TWA detector equipment, ensuring safe use by your workforce.
How to Take Samples With Gastec Dosimeter Tubes
Gastec tubes come ready to use — they don't require calibration, additional equipment, complicated calculations or extensive training. Users only need to break off the scored end of the unit and insert it into the tube holder. Assessing TWA measurements is a straightforward process. At the end of the exposure period, read the value on the scale that correlates with the stain length. Divide this figure by the duration of the exposure period to determine the average concentration levels of the target contaminant.
ATTENTION: Expiration dates on Gastec Tubes can vary from 3 months to 1 year at the time of shipping. Zefon International/Cole-Parmer does not have any control over these dates.