The Zefon Personal Nanoparticle Respiratory Deposition (NRD) sampler is designed to size-selectively collect nanoparticles with an efficiency that matches their deposition in the respiratory tract system.
How it works:
Stage 1 – A respirable aluminum cyclone (Zefon #ZA0075) at a flow rate of 2.5 LPM is used to remove particles larger than 4µm in size.
Stage 2 – Air passes through an impaction stage where particles larger than 300nm are removed using an impaction plate.
Stage 3 – Air passes through a diffusion stage consisting of a series of nylon filters or a 2” section of foam, collecting particles
- Designed to collect particles that mimic those collected in the respiratory tract (<300nm).
- Lightweight, easily worn by a worker
- Chemical analysis allows the exposure assessment of nanoparticle of a specific composition apart from other airborne particles.
- Uses a personal sampling pump.
- Disposable – ready to use. Sampler does not require preloading or cleaning (cyclones used with the sampler are reused and cleaned, the NRD sampler itself is disposable).
- Cost effective lab analysis (vs electron microscopy)
Required Flow Rate: 2.5 LPM
Collection Efficiency: Cut-Point (cyclone stage): 4µm
Cut Point (impaction stage): 300nm
Filter Material (diffusion stage): Nylon (Part #ZNRD001) or Foam (Part #ZNRD020)
Cassette Housing Material: Carbon Filled Polypropylene
Weight (without cyclone): 10g
Additional Information Available
NRD Sampler User Manual